Thursday, April 09, 2009
On the topic of 'gay marriage', I still think that all legal (state/federal) documents should change the word 'marriage' to 'civil union'.
But if the "religious people" want to keep their "religious word" (which naturally draws in peoples' religious beliefs), then I support Vermont's change - hopefully everyone will see it's a legal (and civil rights) issue, not a religious one.
Fat chance, eh?
In the meantime, read this hilarious story about a woman who calls 911 over the lack of shrimp in her fried rice!
Hm.. shrimp, Leviticus, gays, and we've come full circle. Good night everyone!
Thursday, April 02, 2009
All I could think about today from 10am to 1pm and then from 2:30pm to 4:30pm was how super hip British clothing brand TopShop/TopMan opens today and I was stuck at work. (I had an extended lunch with two fabulous beautiful black ladies. We decided that black people need to stop giving their kids white people names like Blair and Haley. And that my baby will be called Monique but pronounced moe-nee-kay.)
Cutting out of work at 4:30, I ran down to Soho, jumped on line (that wrapped around the block), waited for more than an hour standing behind a group of gossipy hipsters who bored the snot out of my nose, to be able to prance around the TopMan sales floor picking things and size up the clothes!
- the styles are geared to a younger crowd - H&M should be worried
- most of the fabrics feel nice, not cheap
- it's actual European sizing, their XS fits me! American Apparel should be worried
- they have XXS for men
- normally a 29" waist, the 30" fits perfectly
- the pricing is closer to AA than Uniqlo - Uniqlo has nothing to worry about
- there were TONS of designer collaborations
- there are stuff in the store that's not online, and vice versa
I ended up with two baseball tees that fit amazing in XS, and two pieces of jewelry. I almost bought a cardigan but decided against it last minute.
I'm going back tomorrow.