Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Geek or Greek?

Every time I hear there's some Comic or Sci-fi convention going on, I get giddy and this incredible urge to do anything (and everything) possible to attend wells up inside me. And even worse, I start getting pre-halloween delusions of the perfect 'outfit' (some would say 'costume') to wear. One time, it was Xena.

As a teen, I used to collect comic books and play video games (a lot). That was a previous stage in my life, though I will still enjoy a game here and there. And who doesn't like to dress up, eh?

Ultimately, I can never rationalize going and let it fall by the wayside, living vicariously through news reports and online photographs. And then I stumbled on this on Wired:

I think I might have to try harder next year...

Photo credit: Wired.com: Knights, Heroes and Vixens Converge at Comic-Con 2007

5 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know who that guy is, but he should be more careful! Doesn't he know he can get cooties from standing so close to a girl? ;)

Anonymous said...

*COUGH* geek *COUGH*

TCho said...

Oh, when I read the title, I thought you were talking about that new show on ABC Family, Greek, which I'm very ashamed to admit that I love. Evan is so cute in a Waspy way.

Lee said...

A friend of mine attended ComicCon again this year (She works in the comic biz) and her major complaint was how fracking packed it is.

I also have some friends who attend the com in Atlanta every September and that one looks like fun@

dpaste said...

That is almost enough to convince me to attend one of those things. Almost.