Do you have one of those days where every where you turn, bad news just crops up? Today is one of those days for me.
But instead of whining about it, like I have done in the past, I'll focus on what I'm doing to help myself get through it.
- Believe in yourself. I can take what life throws at me; and I can do it fabulously.
- Think about solutions. It's easy to be lost and spiral if you have nothing to hold on to. Thinking about possible solutions gives me footholds and helps the spinning stop.
- Release it. Scream! Punch! Dance! Releasing it helps you de-stress.
- Talk it out, if possible. Communication helps resolve issues.
- Get perspective. How small my problem(s) is compared to others less fortunate than me? This is one reason that drives me to volunteer, too.
- Think about what you have; the people you love. At the end of the day, that is what's important.
- Realize that at the end of the day, all things have a knack for working themselves out.
And if none of that works, happy hour is from 4-8pm. I think I feel better already. :)