Sunday, November 08, 2009

Favoritism

Ain't it funny how one person can do something and you think it's cute, and then someone else does the same thing and it's the most annoying thing in the world?

Of course it depends on the type of relationship you have with those people... but the complete dichotomy of reactions is fascinating to me.

Take for example one of my close girlfriends calling me a 'bitch'. I would laugh it off (you know, if I was too drunk to think of an appropriate come back). And yet some other, not so close, friend can say the same thing in the same way, and all that elicits from me is a side-ways stare (followed by an eye-roll).

That's usually my normal reaction when I decide to let things roll off my back. Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I was just thinking something similar the other day. Also, I was recently telling Scott how good you are at letting things roll off your back. So, hmmmm. Interesting post.

p.s. Miss you!