Friday, December 23, 2005

Isn't this Sacridiculous?

Did you hear about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or Pastafarianism?  It's Bobby Henderson's answer to the proposed teaching of intelligent design in public schools.  Read his hilarious, and life changing, open letter at http://www.venganza.org/.

Wired News has this great interview with him about his upcoming book.  I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read Henderson's response about the '[intelligent design] nuts':

"[Scientists] need to be out there calling these people retarded all the time. Nonstop. The [intelligent design] people are winning because the scientists think if they ignore the issue, it will go away. Plus, I'm sure it would be therapeutic to make fun of the [intelligent design] people."

I totally agree!  Teaching creationism in a public school science classroom is ridiculous; and scientists need to speak up!

So make sure you take time during this holiday season to celebrate FSMas!  I hear the tradition is to have Italian.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a shirt that reads

WWFSMD?

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm a week behind you with one of my cartoons. This one is coming out next week, but here's a sneak peak... http://www.gurustu.com/toons/gurustu0106.gif

Jess said...

Oh yeah, this was in the Times a while back. It's great and makes an excellent point in a silly way.

Lee said...

Got the site listed on my blog. All hail His Noodly Appendage!