Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not Always Personal

In my own mind, I like to pretend that I'm a very consistent person when dealing with others - always social, smiley, and go lucky; even when, internally, my mood can be swinging like a pendulum.

But I also know that I wear my heart on my sleeve, and emotions on my face. People seem to read it easily.

Like when I'm troubled by something, my brow gets all furrowed, and I get all quiet. Even though it has nothing to do with my current company, they see it.

Knowing this, I suppose I shouldn't always expect other people to always have the same demeanor when dealing with me; and I can't possibly be expected to always know why someone has a change in demeanor. So I shouldn't take it personally if it does happen.

Ok, diary. Thanks for helping me think this through. Back to work!

3 comments:

dantallion said...

Life is challenging enough without taking some kind of responsibility for other people's moods, which many if not most people do. You and your diary sorted this out exactly right.

Anonymous said...

uhh...what?

GrooveTheory said...

of all us 5 (charles, jon, wayne, you, me), I always thought you were the "que sera sera" "c'est la vie" guy. And it's not a bad thing! In this case, I would suggest adding "f*ck it" to the list. You can't always be bothered with bullsh*t.