Monday, December 03, 2007

Wicked Weather

The first snow of the season happened this past weekend; starting early Sunday morning and stopping mid-afternoon. Even though there were warnings from the weathermen, I heard story after story of car wrecks and train delays on the news.

Warning heeded. I took my snow boots out from storage. And by snow boots, I mean my mean-ass waterproof hiking boots with the rubber soles. What a mistake that turned out to be.

Going through the subway stations were like a death roller-derby; but instead of roller-babes it's puffy-jacket moms with SAKS bags. And who knew that my boots, with their rubber soles, would become ice skates on the subway floors? Not me...

...until I slipped and fell down some subway stairs.

I'm fine. Walked it off and did some shopping, had a lovely dinner in Chinatown, and was walking merrily in the rain...

...until a gypsy cab drove close to the curb and sprayed me with street water.

Damn weather!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, I have to say I don't miss the subways being part of my commute. Part of me misses working in Manhattan, but I definitely can live without the daily subway experience. (And sorry about the curb shower!)

Anonymous said...

bad weather luck

Anonymous said...

So I guess I shouldn't tell you that it's 80 degrees and sunny here.

Never mind. I said nothing.

dpaste said...

How do you head a warning? Is that a soccer move? ;-)