Sunday, April 02, 2006

Second Drunken Mishap of the Year

Flying high on Sapphire and bass-heavy latin-arabic beats at Le Souk for my roommates' birthday bash, I closed the tab on our table, putting down what I thought would be a generous 20% tip. After all, we had a reserved table in the VIP area and there were plenty of guests we brought in.

I didn't realize how generous I was until we were in the cold, sobering air and I looked at my receipt; they had included a 20% gratuity! Yes! That means I bumped her tip up too 44%!

Now, it wouldn't have been bad if the bill was $100 or even $200 dollars, but this was a club, and the Grey Goose itself was $300, the Bombay Sapphire $250. I am so not joking. You figure out the rest; I need all my concentration to stop myself from banging my head against the wall.

No wonder the waitress was so grateful; I know I would be to any (and every) drunk big tipper.

The night was a blast and I wouldn't change a thing (err.. except maybe the tipping part). If so inclined, check out the debaucherous pictures here.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Holy Crap! That's a big-ass tip, and an ass-load of pics... all hot, by the way. Hope you had a great time to justify the big grat!

Jon said...

Yeah, no wonder she was grateful! And I'm pissed at you because now I can't make any more jokes about Chinese people being cheap. ;)

Knottyboy said...

God if only I was the waitress serving you that night. Baby needs a new pair of shoes honey.
It's only money my dear and the universe works in mysterious ways. I'm sure that there's a well hung stud working his way up through the mix to find you even as I write this.
Mwah,
kb

Hot Toddy said...

You have hot friends. Especially one in particular who, after seeing the pictures, now owns my heart.

Jess said...

You're holding out on us! I looked at the photos, but I didn't see any real debauchery! Come on! Let's see the rest! ;)