Thursday, August 24, 2006

Crazy Weekend!

My goodness, it was a crazy weekend. Unfortunately it didn't involve any snakes on any planes. Instead, there were crazy kids in chocolate factories. Read more [+/-]

River Flicks Pier 49I went with Kvn to see Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory as a part of RiverFlicks on the Hudson (later joined by tribecat and friend). I forgot how dark the movie was. I kept thinking how the opening scene of the movie, where they sing "Candyman" while the Candyman throws candy at the rabid children, was promoting candy like it was a drug. "It's like they're on crack," I remember saying; and thinking how I wouldn't want anything to do with those kids after they're done with their candy binging. But I digress.

Anyway, the 'dark part' I was referring to was Gene Wilder's depiction of Willy Wonka and how he doesn't really care for the spoiled brats. When he's screaming is pretty scary too.

And I finally realized that's where that "We have so much time, and so little to do! Strike that, reverse it." reference came from when Gene guest-starred on Will & Grace! Awesome!

Later that night, I went to the new StarBar, a 'cozier' version of the debunked Starlight. Pretty crowded and a few cuties. Then it was off to the new Boys' Room location for a bit of dancing. It was a good night, except for the part where the L train stops working, forcing me to take a cab home.

Saturday morning run was bad due to the lack of sleep and water; but I made it all up by going to a rooftop party and then celebrating my friend E's birthday at Fat Black Pussycat.

Rock Hard!With the people she invited, it was an all out college reunion. Was that a good or bad thing? I plead the fifth. But what I will say is that there were plenty of ass grabs, thigh grabs, and even a lesbian booby grab. Damn, why do people get so grabby when they're around me?

I cut that night short, for Sunday was a double dose of Fringe Festival plays. There was definitely much left to be desired. That's all I have to say about that.

By Monday, I was totally wiped out and had to take a sick day. Of course, I took that as an opportunity to bake chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious.

2 comments:

Crash said...

The important thing about the Fringe show was that we went to it. Anything that promotes live theatre (even if it wasn't the greatest show) is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I miss the Hudson.
Nice pic!