Wednesday, February 09, 2005

G.H.F.C. Y'all

Happy New Year everyone; or as I would say to my Grandmother as she hands me 'lucky money' in a red envelope, Gung Hay Fat Choy.

Here are some rules for today:  Read more [+/-]

  1. You cannot wash your hair.
  2. You cannot use scissors or knives.
  3. All your meals must be vegetarian.
  4. If you are married, you give lucky money to those who are not.
  5. You must wish Gung Hay Fat Choy to all Chinese people.  My advice to you is say it to every Asian person you see no matter if you think they're Japanese, Korean, Filipino, or you just can't tell. Chances are some of them will be Chinese; so you might as well play it safe.

Break any rules, and you've lost your luck for the rest of the year.

Here's some links so you can educate and enjoy yourself:
Chinese New Year [via Wikipedia]
Chinese New Year in New York City [via nycvisit.com]
Explore Chinatown in NYC

Update (10:30 am): What horoscope reader Paul Ng says this year has in store for me (via my sister. Get your reading here).  Read more [+/-]

MONKEY in 2005

This year favors the male monkey more than the female counterpart. There are plenty of romances, which may result in triangular love. Your work may be volatile. Your limbs are hurt easily.
[Well, I've already got the consulting job and leg cramps.. just waiting on the ménage à trois now.]

WORK
There would be up’s and down’s. Your favorable businesses include entertainment, public relations and products for men.
[Is go-go dancing considered a product or a service? seems to be public relations for sure.]

WEALTH
Your income would be stable, with an upward trend. Often you had to lose before you can gain.
[Well, from the bottom you can only go up.]

HEALTH
There would be plenty of small ailments, especially with the arms and legs. Rest more and exercise well.

ROMANCE
You would have good romances and people relations. Be careful of triangular loves. If you are single, consider marriage. If you are married, stay away from extra-marital relations.
[Triangular loves? I have no idea what that means... teehee.]

Metal Monkey (1920, 1980)
You would run into some people problems. However, your work is good. There is a good chance for promotion.
[Dammit... I knew I hated people for a reason.  All in all, I'm thinking this will be a good year for me!  Woohoo!]

6 comments:

Jess said...

You can't wash your hair? I might be able to live with the rest of that, but no hair washing? That's asking too much! I'd feel icky all day!

Jon said...

Do Chinese people ever wash their hair? Go eat moon cakes and be stinky :P

Jennirhiow said...

only for the first few days, guys!! not forever!!!

Gong Hei fatt choy, jase!!!

Crash said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy! So . . . where's my lucky money?

Brechi said...

happy rooster year!

Clayman said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi from Manila!